I Love a Sex Offender on Facebook

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Just a reminder!

Hello everyone - just thought I'd post a brief update for those who haven't yet checked out USA Families Advocating an Intelligent Registry.

As I mentioned in my last blog post, I will no longer be blogging from this site, although everything will remain online and I will still be able to receive communication through the blog. I was recently named Executive Director of USA FAIR, a nonprofit organization founded by and for family members of registered sex offenders. As the name implies, we are not against the registry. We believe in a "smarter" registry, that takes an individualized approach to those convicted of sex crimes, and does away with the broad-brush, one-size-fits-all methodology. We believe in the rights of families and former sex offenders to live safe, productive lives, and also that children and other vulnerable citizens deserve laws that are based on facts and research - not emotion and anecdote. We will (and have!) challenge the media to report on the subject factually, and give family members negatively impacted by the registry a voice.

But without supporters we have no power. We all need to stick together - law-abiding former offenders and their families - in order to ignite the change that is so desperately needed.

If you haven't already, please sign up at www.usafair.org. You can sign up to volunteer, donate, or just receive email updates on the projects we are embarking on. We'll also be able to create a database of members by state, in the event that we need people to testify for or against bills, speak to the media, or mentor a new member.

You can also access a significant amount of research on the "studies" section of our website - www.usafair.org/studies.

Be sure to check us out on Facebook, too! USA FAIR

2 comments:

  1. I am not a former offender, just an interested writer and researcher, but I maintain an ongoing heads-up. In fact, I have sent various links and other features of interest to you through email over the past few months, but I haven't heard back from you on any of them. Have you received them? I sent you one earlier this evening for your review.

    As for FAIR, I am reading. I plan to donate to the cause, but limited funds will not permit me at this time. I will as soon as I can.

    As usual, keep fighting the good fight. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Grat job Shana! I am with you in this fight! TO: Researcher 1: www.msoptaskforceinfo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Be civil and informed. I love to hear from my readers! if you aren't comfortable posting publicly, please find me on Facebook or email me through the blog. Thanks!